What is upside down question mark? – Upside down question mark (¿) or inverted question mark is generally used while typing in an interrogative or question sentences in Spanish language and some other sister languages of Spanish. As we all know the general grammar that in English we write or type question mark at the end of the sentence to create a question. Unlike English, the upside down question mark is placed at the starting of the sentence to create an interrogative question. Some people who use Spanish only keyboard will get the upside-down question mark in the keyboard. While using English keyboard it is a little complex to type an inverted question mark in a sentence but easy if you know the drill.
Upside side down question is not used in English as punctuation so you won’t find it in the punctuation section of the keyboard. So in this article, we would like to tell you about how to type upside down question mark in Windows computer, Mac, iPhone & iPad, and any Android Phone.
How to write/Type Upside Down question mark in Windows PC
There are two methods to type the inverted question mark in Windows PC. We would start with a lengthy one.
- Search for “Character Map” in computer and open it.
- Now you will see lots of symbols that can be inserted in a word file.
- Click on “advanced view” and type in “inverted question mark” in “search for” option.
- You will see the upside down question mark, select it and then tap on the copy.
- Now you can paste it anywhere you want to paste.
Note: You can select the font of your choice as well from the “Font” option.
It is the easiest method to type the inverted question mark in Windows.
Keyboard Shortcut to type upside down question mark in Windows – While pressing Alt + Ctrl + Shift + “? key”, you will get the upside down question mark typed in notepad, word file or E-mail.
DO you know : What is PTD Webmail?
How to write/Type Upside Down question mark in Mac
Just like The second method of Windows PC, typing upside down question mark is quite easy in Mac.
Keyboard Shortcut to type upside down question mark in Mac – Press and hold down “Option” + “Shift” and press “?” key.
Note: Don’t forget to place the cursor in the text field so you get it typed on the right place.
How to write/Type Upside Down question mark in iPhone, and Android phones
Typing the inverted question mark symbol in the iPad and iPhone is even easier than a computer. Follow the process given below to type and insert upside down question mark on iOS devices.
- Open Messenger or Notes or wherever you want to type the symbol.
- In the keyboard, tap on “123” option to open punctuations and other symbols
- Tap and hold question mark key until you get an option of an upside down question mark.
So this is how you can type and write upside down question mark (¿) in all of your devices.